Thursday, 28 March 2013 14:40
Wintershall Libya..NDT Technician
Wintershall Libya invites applications for the post of NDT Technician at our Jakhira facility. The company operates a work schedule of 4 weeks in the desert followed by 4 weeks on leave.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The NDT supervisor’s main responsibility will be carrying out manual ultrasonic inspection as well as ad-hoc Magnetic particle testing and penetrant testing inspections in accordance with the inspection program.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITY
- Carry out NDT inspections of pressure vessels, piping, structures, pipelines, tanks and other static equipments.
- Comply with all company Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures.
- Conduct all work activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner Report all accidents, incidents or near misses.
- Prepare inspection work packs under supervision of Maintenance Engineer including the identification of measurement points on isometric drawings.
- Make day-to-day and longer term planning in order to fulfil the inspection programme.
- Make first hand evaluation of inspection findings and report to Maintenance Engineer and Plant Inspector.
- Archive the and maintain accurate inspection results in the Vessel books and CMMS.
- Coordinate inspections with the other activities in the plant to optimize resources.
- Coordinate maintenance support required for pipe work inspections such as scaffolding and insulation activities and supervises contractors to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Libyan Nationality.
- Level II in ultrasonic testing using digital instrumentation according to EN 473 or equivalent standard
- Level II particle testing and penetrant testing inspections according to EN 473 or equivalent standard
- NDT technician with 8-10 years experience in various inspection techniques.
- Process knowledge about oil and gas production as well as related utility systems.
- Fluent in English written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Closing date for applications is April 10th 2013
Unfortunately we will not be able to acknowledge applications, but will contact those selected for interview directly.
Wintershall is a subsidiary of BASF, the largest chemical company in the world, and has been active in the exploration and production of oil and gas in Libya since 1958. Our main office is located in Tripoli and our production facilities are located near Jakhira.